Friday, November 30, 2012

Ladies!


"February 1, 1995:  Frank Fleer died last Thursday -- January 26 and was buried at Winside Cemetery today.  Howard was an honorary pallbearer but didn't go the funeral -- he explained why to Sharon and Shanda.  I didn't go either -- afraid of ice.
February 4, 1995:  Bill, Jenny, Patty, Mary, Rick, Mitch and Greta here for dinner.  After dinner the ladies went to Norfolk to shop.  Bill and Rick washed the dishes.  In p.m. Rick, Bill and I played Yahtzee while Howard slept."

I like that Grandma called us ladies.  Of course, it was easier than putting down all the names but she could have said gals or something.  Ladies is better.  I thought she had gone, too until I read the part about her playing Yahtzee.  Not because I remember the event so much but because I considered her a lady, too.

Great game, Yahtzee -- easy for kids to learn but still fun for the adults.  I must admit it is also fun to play on the computer.  No chance of dunking the dice in drinks like Anna did that one time.  She was 8 or so and she and Grandma and Mitch were playing at Grandma's place at Pioneer House.  Anna had a class of juice about the same height as the Yahtzee tumbler.  She put the dice in a container to shake them and have her turn, but dumped them in her drink by mistake.  Grandma laughed and laughed. 

Appropriately, here's a photo of Anna and Grandma at the Pioneer House.  Oh, and there's Maude to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment