Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Storm at Sea


"January 19, 1995:  Sunny and thawing a little.  Much better than the foggy weather we had last week.  Lois and Linda went to Fremont to see Dora -- she took a turn for the better -- knew them and visited with them.  Started Jayme's Storm at Sea quilt.  Greta cut all the pieces for me.
January 22, 1995:  Too much ice for me to go to church.  Spent the week working on Jayme's quilt and doing some cleaning.

By my count this is the third Storm at Sea quilt Grandma made.  Well, the third in the journal I am working from right now.  I do not recall what colors were in Jayme's, but I imagine I would have seen it at some time.  It is a wonderful pattern in my opinion.  It looks like you need to be concentrating pretty well to get it all pieced properly but to a pro like Grandma it was probably a pretty tame project -- alliteration, anyone?  An internet search will bring up quite a few different variations, but the photo above is I believe close or the same as what Grandma used, although she used more monochromatic themes.  It's neat how the lines look curved when in fact they are all straight.

1 comment:

  1. I think that 3 was the total of Storm at Sea quilts that Mom made. I had forgotten that she made one for Jayme.

    ReplyDelete