Friday, November 2, 2012

The sky is falling.....fell, actually


"September 22, 1994:  Rained all day.
September 23, 1994:  About 4:00 this morning the plaster above the stairway came down.
September 24, 1994:  We went to Legion Hall for a pot-luck supper -- a surprise birthday part for Janet B. McCormick.
September 25, 1994:  Lois and Gaylord stopped in late p.m.  Gaylord said he and Mark would fix the ceiling.  We've had over 2 inches of rain since last Thursday."

I do remember seeing the big area of the stairway ceiling that fell down.  I'm pretty sure Grandma said it made quite the noise.  We were obviously thankful no one was using the stairs at the time.

I thought for sure I had a photo of Gaylord scanned and ready to go, but if I do, it's hiding from me.  So, Plan B is a photo of the house.  A note on the back indicated this was taken in 1925.  I will again state for the record that I liked the house this way, without the front porch addition that Grandma loved so much.  It's a point where we could not agree, not that I ever argued with her about it.

3 comments:

  1. Is this the home in the northwest part of town where Howard and Mrs Iversen lived??

    ReplyDelete