Monday, November 19, 2012

One trip a success, another cancelled


"November 30, 1994:  John and Helen went to Lincoln.  Tonight they'll go with Tom and Merilyn by plane to Las Vegas and then drive to Laughlin.  Will meet Trina, Paul, Marina and Raymond there.
December 4, 1994:  Cold -- didn't go to church -- have a cough.  John and Helen came home this p.m.  Finished piecing the 3" square block quilt top.
December 5, 1994:  Was to go to Yankton to Dr. Sprik today.  Cancelled the appointment -- very cold, just 10 degrees above -- and my cough is still a problem.  Will go Friday instead."

It's still Saturday, right?  I didn't miss a whole weekend of posts again, did I?  Unfortunately, it is Monday.  Fortunately, however, my laptop should be fixed soon so that I can post from home on the weekends again.  We do have another computer at the house, but when I think about posting John is in the middle of something and when he isn't, well I don't remember to go post something.  Ah, well.

I had to blather on a bit about that topic as I don't have any particular thoughts on Grandma's entries.  I don't like to think about 10 degree days, I do have a thought on that matter.

For no reason, here's a photo of Grandpa talking to a dog.  Looks like Fuzzy to me, but I'm not sure.  As a bonus, I realized there is a quilt in the photo so it ties in with this entry after all.  It's not the 3" square quilt though, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment