Monday, November 5, 2012

What a drought!


"October 10, 1994:  Beverly N. came for me -- went to Legion Auxiliary -- I joined.
October 11, 1994:  Opened up sewing machine for the first time since June.  Sewed a few quilt pieces.
October 12, 1994:  Guest Day at WELCA.  Shirley S. spoke about Lutheran Family Services."

I'm sorry, but I cannot in my mind envision Grandma not sewing for four months or so.  That's just plain nutty.  I also figured she had been a member of the Auxiliary for a long time, rather than a short one.  Shows what I know.

Since this is a bit of a slow news day here, I am going to type out what Grandma recorded on the inside back cover of this little notebook.  The eclectic nature of the list makes me smile:

April 1981 -- Gall bladder surgery
June - September 1985 -- Mary attend Syracuse Univ. in New York
5/17/84 -- Nancy started working for Allen Andersen
November 1989 -- Nancy moved to Tom's house and Tom and Merilyn moved to their new townhouse
April 1969 -- Emergency surgery -- bowel obstruction and adhesions
December 1975 -- Mom had pacemaker
August 1966 -- Hysterectomy
June 1982 -- Bill's, Greta, Howard and I went to California on Amtrak

Apparently, my education, a trip to California and other miscellaneous events rate right up there with multiple surgeries. I like it!  I photo shows the face I am making right now.

2 comments:

  1. I remember taking this picture. You were giggling and headed straight for me. I had to keep backing up so I could snap the picture before you got to me. Obiously you had found a lovely mud puddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it must have been very lovely indeed given the extent of the evidence on my dress!

    ReplyDelete