Monday, November 19, 2012

Laser, schmaser


"December 6, 1994:  Busy Bees Christmas party at Helen's.  Started to snow as we were eating dinner.  As soon as meeting and gift exchange and dessert over, all left.  I stayed and Helen and I played Scrabble until 6:00 p.m.  John took me home.  Snowed all afternoon and evening.
December 7, 1994:  Clear today.  Had between five and six inches of snow.  Cold, but not much wind.
December 9, 1994:  Irene D. took me to Yankton to Dr. Sprik.  A beautiful morning -- frost on trees and everything.  I'm to go to Sioux City Monday to Dr. Wadzinski -- maybe laser."

I had to read Grandma's last word a couple of times to get it right.  It looked to me that she wrote "maybe loser."  I knew it was wrong, but this being a Monday morning, I wasn't quick on the uptake.  I was probably too distracted by thinking about Grandma even using the word 'loser'.

I found a photo of snow, plus frost.  Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment