Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Knitting?


"November 13, 1994:  The entire family plus Helen, John and Dorothy Jo there at Greta and Lester's for their 25th anniversary.  The family went together and gave them a bread maker.  We gave them the Storm at Sea quilt.
November 14, 1994:  Beverly N. took me to Legion Auxiliary meeting -- Lila brought me home.
November 15, 1994:  Mailed knitted doily to Marina and Raymond -- anniversary present."

Knitted doily??  What's up with that?  I would bet the farm and all my critters that Grandma did not knit.  I don't think Grandma Anna knitted.  I lived my entire childhood thinking we were crochet people, period.  Maybe Grandma had one from the Iversen side that she was given or something.  But other than that, I'm stumped.  I can't see her going out and buying one, but I suppose that is a possibility, too.  I have an anti-knit bias and would like to see this settled.  Mom?  Nancy?  Jim? 

I think I am caught up now with this being Tuesday and this also being a post for Tuesday. 

Here's Grandma Anna contemplating, I am sure, the inferiority of knitting.  I love the doodad in her hair.

1 comment:

  1. You are right - Mom did not knit. She did buy some knitted doilies from Leona Backstrom. I have one round one and the rectangular one that is on Mom's bookcase or whatever you call it. Both of them were made by Leona.

    ReplyDelete