Monday, November 26, 2012

Yay, January!


"January 13, 1995:  Arlene R. took me to Pinochle Club at Elsie J.'s.
January 14, 1995:  Finished piecing baby quilt for Jayson and Lora this past week and started putting the 9-patch sampler quilt together.
January 15, 1995:  Greta, Howard and I left at 7:15 for Lincoln -- trees, wires, everything covered with frost until we got close to Lincoln.  Foggy most of the way.  Went to Nancy's.  Mary, Rick, Mitch, Bill, Jenny, Jayson, Lora, Dale, Lynn, Dane, Kyleah were there.  They brought the dinner -- soup. sandwiches, salad and dessert.  Celebrating Mary's, Kyleah's and Jayson's birthdays."

All right!!  I remember gathering during more than one July to celebrate those birthdays, but here we did January's people.  We skipped several months, ten if memory serves, since July and January are the only multi-birthday get-togethers I remember.  Of course, it was due to a preponderance of birthdays in those months.  I imagine we didn't do December because of Christmas, but we had Grandpa, Lora, Mitch and Gavin all in December -- I hope I am not missing anyone.  And we have more Julys since 1995, too.  Maybe we should resurrect that idea.

No disrespect to two in the photo (my ancestors) and the man with the cake, but I hope we had more fun on 1/15/95 than these folks appear to have been having when this photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment