Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eagle Scout


"October 30, 1994:  Helen, Dorothy Jo, Greta, Howard and I went to Wahoo.  Left at 8:30.  We had dinner at Bill's and then to church by 2:00 for the Eagle Court of Honor for Jayme.  After the program a reception in the basement and then to Bill's to visit -- Dale's, Tom, Merilyn, Nancy, Rick and Mitch were there.  Mary wasn't feeling too good.  Jayson and Lora there, too.
October 31, 1994:  Lois K., Arlene R., Lila and I finished quilting Greta's quilt in p.m.  Nice evening.  Had about 20 - 25 tricksters."

I remember missing this particular event, and I know now probably why I did -- morning sickness which sometimes lasted more than just the morning.  Little Anna was on the way.  I am not sure if we knew that at the time but I know I was sometimes sick in the early going.

It would be appropriate here to have a photo of Jayme as an Eagle Scout, or perhaps Anna as a little baby, but since I have neither of those ready to go (and our scanner conked out), here's a hybrid-ish photo of Jayme as a baby.  Interestingly, it looks like he's holding a red Solo cup.  Hmmmmm.  Must have been quite the Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment