Friday, November 9, 2012

Normal stuff for a spell


"October 26, 1994:  Bonnie F. drove me to Norfolk to see Dr. Sprik.  The left eye is no good for reading.  I must check the right eye on the dot chart that was given me.
October 27, 1994:  Charlie J. plowed the garden.  TOPS meeting in evening.
October 28, 1994:  Pinochle Club at Marie H.'s.  Had low prize."

I am curious as to why Grandma had to have a chart sent home to check her one eye when she was right there at the doctor's office.  But I am thinking maybe it was an ongoing thing that took some time.  I am often surprised by little tricks and secrets you learn every now and then about things medical.  I do know that Grandma's eyesight got pretty bad and then Nancy heard about some whizbang doctor in Lincoln who turned out to really be a whizbang and had Grandma back to reading the newspaper even.  That was a happy time to be sure.

Glad to know TOPS is meeting again seemingly without going out to dine.  I shouldn't tease the TOPS ladies -- my TOPS group went out to eat occasionally, too.

Here is a photo of Grandma in those whizbang doctor's glasses that worked so nicely for her.  And she is wearing THE necklace all the little girls liked so much.  Baby boys, too, as I recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment