Wednesday, November 14, 2012

More quilting

"November 16, 1994:  Helen and I went with Ruby R. to Busy Bees at Irene F.'s in Carroll.  Working this week on a quilt made of 3" squares.
November 19, 1994:  A skiff of snow this morning.
November 20, 1994:  To church with Greta.  Rainy all day -- heavier rain in the evening." 

All was right with the world in 1994 if Grandma was back to making and mentioning quilts.  Whew.

I didn't know a skiff was anything other than a type of boat, but I should have known Grandma would be on top of words and their various meanings.  (I did look it up to be sure, though....)

Here, for no particular reason is a photo of Grandma Anna, Mom and Bill.  I like it.  Bill may have been thinking of grabbing that bow on Mom's head.  He's looking pretty good for a baby that was born really, really teeny.

1 comment:

  1. This picture was taken out on the farm where we lived. I don't know if Grandma was still doing it then, but there were times she walked out there from town. If you counted the lane that had to be 5 miles or so.

    ReplyDelete