Sunday, November 25, 2012

Go Big Red!


"January 1, 1995:  We're both on the mend.  Didn't go to church.  Jean called today.  They will go to Florida next Sunday.  The Cornhuskers defeated Miami -- they are National Champions.  Game was exciting.
January 2, 1995:  Greta came and put things away for me -- like Christmas boxes, etc.  She took me to her place and cut the strips for my 9-patch sampler quilt and for a baby quilt for Lora.
January 3, 1995:  Tom came in p.m. for wood.  We played a few games of Pitch.  Cold - cold - cold but no strong wind."

Sweet!  I probably watched the football game but cannot recall anything about it.  I really reading and being reminded, however, that we beat Miami.  I do remember watching the one game (Orange Bowl?) when we could have tied with a point-after kick, but went for two and didn't make it and lost.  I watched that in Wahoo with Dale and Lynn when they lived up there.

Speaking of Dale, here we are with a homemade tackling dummy.

1 comment:

  1. You two were so proud of yourselves for putting this togther.

    ReplyDelete