Thursday, November 22, 2012

That's why it snowed!


"December 27, 1994:  Dale and Mary's grandmother -- Effie Bowder was buried today.
December 29, 1994:  I have the "galloping flu" -- didn' t eat anything all day.
December 30, 1994:  Feeling better -- Howard was sick in evening -- had chills.
December 31, 1994:  Snowed -- about 4 or 5 inches.  Howard didn't go after the mail today."

From what I understand, it would take a lot for Grandpa not to go get the mail.  He picked it up for other people to help them out, so it was kind of a big deal.  So, either the snow or the sickness made it so he didn't go.  I would like to think he was taking care of himself.

I am glad Grandma said something about Grandma Bowder.  I always have trouble remembering when it was that she died.  Now I know.  I wish I had a good photo of her to post right now.

Instead, here's a photo of Grandma and Grandpa when they were most definitely not sick.

1 comment:

  1. Just love these 2 pictures. I don't know what the occasion was. Amuses me that even thogh it called for a boutonniere Daddy still has his can of sneuse in his pocket

    ReplyDelete