Tuesday, November 6, 2012

No eating out

"October 13, 1994:  Cloudy and dampish.  TOPS met in evening.
October 14, 1994:  Pinochle at Ida F.'s.
October 15 and 16, 1994:  Put the border on Greta's Storm at Sea quilt.
October 17, 1994:  Arlene R. and Lois K. put quilt in frame.  Lois, Arlene R., Lila and I quilted in p.m."

No slam against the TOPS ladies, but this is I believe one of very few, if not the only mention of a meeting that didn't include going out to eat.  Of course, since Grandma didn't journal each and every day, maybe ordinary meetings didn't rise to the level of being recorded.  I think I'll go with that.  I remember that when Grandma was first with TOPS and doing quite well, she told us she went to bed early one night so she wouldn't be tempted to eat any cookies.  That made me smile then and still does.  And that was back when Nancy lived down by Plymouth -- it's been awhile.

I've been somewhat distracted with the election coverage today and nearly forgot about this little blog here.  But I didn't forget entirely.

Speaking of Nancy and Plymouth, I had to drag out this decidedly humorous photo.  I want to say this was when she and Jim lived outside Laurel, but it is closer in time to them living in Plymouth than anything else I can come up with.  For some reason I am really liking Grandpa's glasses.  And his arms look the color I most remember them.



No comments:

Post a Comment