Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Flurry of activity


"December 16, 1994:  Howard, Greta and I to Lee & Rosie's for chicken fish supper. 
December 17, 1994:  Tom, Merilyn and Nancy came at noon.  Had chili soup and played Hearts all afternoon.  Tom and Merilyn stayed at John and Helen's.
December 18, 1994:  For Howard's birthday dinner at noon -- Tom, Merilyn, Nancy, Dale, Dane, Kyleah, Mary, Mitch, Greta.  Rick stayed at Greta's with Lester.  In p.m. to John and Helen's for clan Christmas gathering.  Nice weather.
December 19 and 20, 1994:  Too tired to do much of anything."

I think Grandma's last post rather goes without saying.  She had a busy few days there.  I am somewhat glad she didn't list everyone who was at the clan gathering -- makes for extra work for me picking labels for the post.  Soooo much extra work.

I am wondering if I read "chicken fish supper" correctly.  Perhaps Grandma missed an "and" in there.  Dunno.  Regardless, I am sure a fine time was had by all.

On a personal note, my laptop isn't fixed, rather isn't fixable.  Hopefully they will return it to me in the same shape as it was before I took it in.  It was doing nearly everything I wanted/needed it to do.  If they gummed it up trying to fix it, I shall be one irritated customer.  Fingers crossed.

In fairness to Tom and with regard to the un-smiling photo of him yesterday, here's a happy Tommy-gonna-be-Tom picture.

2 comments:

  1. When Lee and Rosie's first opened, you could get really good chicken, tater frys, and buns for one dollar. Like in the early 70's.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know when Lee & Rosie's opened? I remember when Walt Bleich still had the bar but I was pretty young then.

    ReplyDelete