Monday, December 3, 2012

Keeping Arlene busy


"February 5, 1995:  Spent the whole day marking my 9-patch sampler quilt to be quilted.
February 6, 1995:  Ladies didn't quilt doay -- too many couldn't come.  Worked on Jayme's quilt -- have four rows of 17 rows put together.
February 8, 1995:  Arlene R. was invited to Ladies Aid so she stopped for me.
February 10, 1995:  Arlene R. played for Leona so she took me to Pinochle Club at Ella M.'s.

It looks like I should have started labelling Arlene mentions; she is racking them up with nothing on the label list to show for it.

Lots of quilting going on between the marking and the sewing.  I really don't know if I would have the energy and ambition to do all that in the span of two days.  I think Grandma was driven more than I ever have been to date.

For no particular reason, here is a photo I do not think I have used yet as neither Dorothea (on the left) nor her sister Martha are mentioned all that often.  So I am taking the opportunity to show them here.  I bet they quilted a thing or two in their day.  I love what we can see of their dresses -- the stitching and the lovely collars.

No comments:

Post a Comment