Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Vacation in Lincoln over


"April 8, 1995:  I did up all the washing.  Nancy came for me -- was after 6:30.
April 9, 1995:  Palm Sunday.  Couldn't get my shoes on this morning -- so wore my house slippers to Bill's.  Tom rode with Nancy and me.  Had our family Easter dinner today.  Afterward a family baby shower for Alicia.  Lora's folks were there.  At 4:30 left for home -- raining most of the way and from Wayne on home it was freezing on the sideview mirrors and bug guard.  Home by 6:45.
April 10, 1995:  Sleet and rain all day.
April 11, 1995:  No power for several hours in p.m."

I have been calling Grandma's trip to Lincoln a vacation, but with all the chores and running around doing this and that, it wasn't overly restful I don't believe.  I do believe, however, that she had a good time.  Time spent with family was always good as far as Grandma was concerned.

Like a lot of events, I am not recalling this baby shower but I am guessing I was there.  Seems I should have been keeping a journal of my own all these years.  I am doing it now, but . . .

Speaking of family, here is Grandma Anna at a Kahler reunion.  I absolutely love this photo.  I can't explain why but I do.  I do think Grandma Anna is looking very nice in that dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment