Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Got the FEVR


"April 12, 1995:  Missed WELCA - getting ready for FEVR Fest at Hooper tomorrow.
April 13, 1995:  Dale and the kids came to Greta's last night.  We left at 8:30 for Hooper.  Pupils from Cedar Bluffs rode the train from Fremont to Hooper for a pioneer or frontier life presentation. A most enjoyable day.  Home by 4:30.  I talked and showed quilts, etc.
April 14, 1995:  Howard planted potatoes.
April 16, 1995:  Easter Sunday -- Helen asked us for dinner -- Greta and Dorothy Jo there, too."

If I remember correctly, FEVR stands for Fremont Elkhorn Valley Railroad but I am open to correction if that isn't the case.  I remember when a bunch of us went one time well before 1995.  Mitch wasn't born yet, so it was the late 1980's somewhere.  That was when the robbers on horseback overtook the train, forced it to stop, and then ran off with our conductor.  All in good fun.  I rather wished I could have been one of the robbers riding hell bent for election on a horse alongside the train -- looked like a great time.  It's also a bit of a fun time trying to get people not from Nebraska to pronounce Hooper correctly.

Here is one photo from that very day in the 1980's, not 1995.  As you can maybe see also along were Rick, Nancy, Aunt Irene and Lester.  Also Mom and Dora and Dorothy Jo and myself.  I hope I didn't forget anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Great pic and Merry Christmas to a great family,
    Jim Hansen, I enjoy your blog, that must be hard to post so much, I like the Mrs I stuff, from her log

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Merry Christmas to you, too! It does get a bit difficult to post sometimes, but I always feel good about it when I do. Glad you are enjoying my efforts. :-)

    ReplyDelete