Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tilling and quilting


"April 23, 1995:  Greta took me to Werner Mann's 50th anniversary celebration at the auditorium.
April 24, 1995:  Arlene R. came with a quilt to be bound.  We basted around the outside of it.
April 27, 1995:  John took Howard to Norfolk and Howard bought a new Huskee tiller.  He had been using Lila H.'s since she moved to town.  Now that Jim is out of the service, he needs it.  $529.00 + $31.74 tax = $560.74.

Well, the quilt is one of Arlene's but the date on the back says 1993, so I'm close but with no cigar.  It is a lovely quilt, me thinks.

I still like how Grandma recorded the cost of things Grandpa bought or needed, but not so much her quilting supplies.  There were doubtful good, solid reasons for that but I still like to smile about it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I feel bad I got the tiller -- on the other hand Howard deserved a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't feel badly -- it was your tiller after all. And yes, I bet the shiny new one was a fun purchase for Grandpa.

      Delete