Monday, December 31, 2012

Potatoes coming up


"May 7, 1995:  To church -- Confirmation and the church was full.  In p.m. Greta took me to Memphis Prince's 80th birthday open house in Lee & Rosie's party room.
May 8, 1995:  Howard found three potatoes coming up.  Beverly N. took me to Legion Auxiliary meeting.
May 10, 1995:  Ladies Aid Pentecost breakfast.

It seems somewhat fitting, for me anyway, that church and potatoes are the main themes of this particular post.  Once upon a time, I think I could have started my own religion around potatoes.  Somewhat unfortunately, I have always loved them -- fried, baked, mashed, you name it.  But, I managed to move on and potatoes no longer take the front and center place they used to.  Growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes.

Here's a photo of Grussfather and Tanta Emma.  Was she always sassy like that?  Love the photo and what I see as a fun expression on her face.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't remember Tanta Emma very well. I remember her has thinner - maybe she was ill later in her life. But you can kind of see where Sophie got some of her sass and exuberance.

    ReplyDelete