Wednesday, December 26, 2012

We're back


"April 18, 1995:  Lester took me to Pierce to Dr. Voss.  He prescribed some different medication to take down the swelling in my feet and legs -- Have had it since last week of March.
Apri. 20, 1995:  Tom, Merilyn and Nancy left in evening to go to Laughlin.
April 21, 1995:  I had Pinochle club -- Arlene R. played for me.
April 22, 1995:  Greta took Howard and me to auditorium for Rodney and Claire B.'s 25th wedding anniversary -- had a lovely dinner and then a social time -- also a short program."

You may have noticed my absence.  Let me summarize the reasons why there have been no posts as of late.  In no particular order:

1.  Having to actually work at work.  I don't know how long I can keep this up.
2.  Lack of electricity for approximately 36 hours.  Lots of busy activity during those hours to stay warm and keep snow melted to keep critters hydrated.
3.  Decided lack of consciousness after electricity came on and I could sleep without having to get up every hour to feed the two fires.
4.  Lack of motivation.

I am not complaining about all the power-off activities . . . it just all seemed to really sap my energy stores.  I am still having to work at work (sigh -- just kidding) but will endeavor to keep at it.

As for 1995, I don't have much to add other than I didn't realize hosting Pinochle Club was so time-involved that the hostess didn't even get to play cards.  But, the point is to visit with friends and have fun, so the actual playing of the cards was probably not all that critical.

Here's a goofy photo of Nancy and Merilyn in their reflection in a vehicle.  Pretty darned silly, which means of course, a picture had to be taken.

1 comment:

  1. It was the custom with that Pinochle Club that the hostess did not play. Not sure why they did it that way. Don't think that lunch was that complicated that you spent all afternoon getting it ready while the others played.

    ReplyDelete