Saturday, March 31, 2012

A baptism and some stuff

March 3, 1991:  Mitchell Howard was baptized.  Jayson and a cousin of Rick's were sponsors.  Had dinner at Greta's.
March 8, 1991:  Pinochle at Marie H.'s.
March 13, 1991:  No Women of ELCA -- stormy and icy.
March 20, 1991:  Busy Bees at Nelle's.
March 22, 1991:  I had Pinochle Club."

I kept going with multiple entries since most were rather sparse.  Kept looking for something with some meat in it, no offense to Mitch and his baptism.  I have some pictures but none scanned and ready to post; but will remedy that in the future.  He wore a baptismal gown that was worn by other family members - I will have to find out how many we know of for sure.  He behaved himself pretty well; thankfully I knew the "gnaw on Mom's knuckle" trick since it did come in handy at least once.

I finally have a decent photo of Grandpa's garden and so am posting that today instead.  Tom looks to be having a grand time.  I love all the colors of green in the picture, foreground and background.

1 comment:

  1. I could be wrong, but I feel as though the only help I was able to contribute to the garden was throwing big dirt clumps around to break them up. Otherwise, I only remember picking veggies right off the vine and eating them. The peas were my favorite. Again, if I'm remembering correctly.

    ReplyDelete