Sunday, March 25, 2012

Made it to 1991

"December 31, 1990:  Dinner at noon at Dorothy Jo's -- Raymond, Marina, Helen, John, Irene, Howard and I.
January , 1991:  Tom came to take Raymond and Marina to Lincoln.  They left for home early January 5.
January 6, 1991:  Greta and I went to Lincoln to see Mitchell Howard.  Howard was dizzy -- maybe the flu."

A shame that Grandpa couldn't make it down that day, but he and Mitch had plenty other times to hang out together.

We were home from the hospital already, but barely.  I think they kept us about four days.  We were released just in time to drive home on very slick streets from a snow storm a day or so before.  I recall that Jayson totalled his car in an accident from that storm.  But slick streets and Jayson's wrecked car didn't stop Rick from going back to the hospital to get the pictures of Mitch that we had forgotten.  In retrospect, it was silly for him to go back when it seemed we barely made it home in one piece, but I do remember being in agreement with him at the time that he should go.  Anna was born in a heat wave, so we didn't have a similiar problem with her.

You got to love this photo of Mom.  I think I heard she was looking at a baby Dale at the time it was taken.  It is how all adults should look at kids.

1 comment:

  1. This is easily one of my favorite pictures of Grandma. And it's the first time I've ever seen it.

    I'm loving those glasses Grandma ;)

    ReplyDelete