Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Christmas, cards and Californians

"December 12, 1990:  ELCA Christmas dinner.
December 14, 1990:  Pinochle Club at Ella M.'s -- sleet in p.m.
December 15, 1990:  Raymond and Marina landed in Lincoln at 1:00 p.m.  Nancy brought them and Dane to Winside."

Ack.  I got nothing here -- poor grammar is intentional.  Not sure why Uncle Raymond and Aunt Marina were coming in the wintertime, other than simply to celebrate Grandpa and Uncle Elmer's birthdays and Christmas to boot. 

This picture is so very cute.  I love Uncle Raymond's feet, he is the younger one.  I don't know if it shows up well for people viewing this, but he has his toes curled up.  Which is a highly appropriate response when eating fresh sweet corn.  Garrison Keillor has a song from one of his live performances about how great sweet corn is.  Benjamin Franklin, I believe, is quoted as saying that beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  I am not sure Garrison and I would agree.  Sweet corn may be the real proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment