Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby shower!


"November 10, 1990:  Greta, Dorothy Jo and I went to Lincoln.  Attended a baby shower in p.m. at Rick's cousin's home for Mary.  Family gathered at Tom's for chili supper.  Greta stayed at Dale's, Dorothy with Nancy and I at Tom's.  Met Nancy and Dorothy at Valentino's for brunch Sunday a.m. -- all went shopping on p.m."

For once I have a photo that is directly related to Grandma's topic.  Dane is "helping" me, it appears.  I remember that sweater.  I wore it to the hospital to have Mitch -- not that we knew we were staying for sure when we went there, but as it turned out we did.  I think I am looking pretty good for being about 6 weeks from delivering.  Love the monster glasses.

Trying to figure out from Grandma's entry whether Mom got to go to Valentino's and shopping.  She isn't mentioned.  I will assume all went back up to Winside that Sunday, but Grandma doesn't say one way or the other.

On a different note, yesterday's post was my 50th for this blog.  Hard to believe.

2 comments:

  1. I remember your baby shower very clearly but I don't remember that Dorothy Jo stayed with me. Also remember that Merilyn and I were in charge of getting your shower gift and I thought that was odd since neither of us had children. We had fun shopping for it though and as I remember were given pretty specific suggestions for Greta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't remember what I gave you at the baby shower. I do remember that the cousin had one of those bouncy horse things. Can't remember the proper name. I remember that it was sitting right by sliding glass doors. Dane got on that thing and rode it so hard and fast I was afraid he was going to crash into those doors. Obviously I fretted for nothing.

    ReplyDelete