Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Black Knight again and a "Sunday" recipe

"January 27, 1991:  Greta and I to Lincoln to see the new baby.
February 3, 1991:  Tom, Merilyn, Nancy, Rick, Mary, Mitchell, Helen, Greta, Irene and I went to The Black Knight for dinner.  In p.m. played cards here.  Dorothy Jo and Johanna came in p.m."

Well, phooey.  Here is written proof that I have been to The Black Knight.  I have no recollection whatsoever.  One would think I would remember one of the earliest outings with the new baby, and for Grandma's birthday to boot.  Obviously, there is no where for me to go but up in the memory department.

And Grandpa either out of fairness or because he was still not feeling the best, did not make the trip down to see Kyleah, just like the first trip to meet Mitch.  But then again, Grandpa wasn't really big on teeny babies.

This isn't really a recipe, but I am going to mention Grandma's jungle juice.  Seems she quite often made this or that recipe that had drained canned fruit in it.  Because I would go to Grandma and Grandpa's after school and it was not uncommon for there to be jungle juice in the frig -- Grandma's title so far as I know.  She would combine KoolAid and whatever juice she happened to have -- didn't want to waste it, you know.  I am willing to bet she rarely combined the same juice with the same flavor of KoolAid very often.  I wonder if the memory of her concoctions is the reason I am still a sucker for punch of any kind.  Point me to a punch bowl and I will all but pick it up and drink from it.  I LOVE PUNCH.

There's no real good time to post the picture of Grandma at her last birthday party, so I will just do it now and then I won't have to think about when to do it anymore.  She looks so nice there.  A bit of a different smile for her in photos, but I still like it.  Oh, and she's wearing that necklace that all little kids like to mess with.  Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment