Monday, April 30, 2012

Eyes checked

"October 1, 1991:  Finished quilting the pinwheel variation.
October 3, 1991:  Helen and John took me to Dr. Spich, the ophthalmologist.  My eyes seem no worse.
October 4, 1991:  Pinochle at Ida's."

Good eyes are important for both the quilting and the pinochle, so nice that Grandma's eyes were okay.  We know they were a problem in the long run, but that was fixable eventually.

Once again I am left with not much to work with.  Maybe I need a guest blogger one of these days -- fresh eyes and new blood.  Hmmmm.  Will ponder that big time.

Speaking of eyes, I really like Grandma's expression in the photo (she's on the left).  And her little hand protectively keeping that baby from toppling over.  Uncle Ray looks cute standing there, too.  The baby is a cousin, I think.



1 comment:

  1. Doesn't that expression just say - am I doing this right? It's an adorable picture of Mom.

    ReplyDelete