Thursday, April 26, 2012

New quilt

"September 9, 1991:  Put quilt in frame -- variation of pin wheel quilt.
September 11, 1991:  ELCA
September 12, 1991:  Arlene R. helped quilt.
September 16, 1991:  Lois K. helped quilt."

Spoiler alert -- there will be a few more posts in the near future about quilting.  Other than that, I don't have a lot to work with here.  I checked world events for September 1991 and there's not much there either.  There were a number of notable persons who died that month, but I don't want to report on that.

That aside, this is what I learned about September in general.  September begins on the same day of the week as December every year, because there are 91 days separating September and December, which is a multiple of seven (the number of days in the week). No other month ends on the same day of the week as September in any year.  Also, the Anglo-Saxons called the month Gerstmonath, barley month, that crop being then usually harvested.

And, appropriately National Grandparents' Day takes place on the first Sunday after Labor Day in the United States and Canada.  So, my photo was chosen on that basis.  I think the occasion was Mothers' Day but close enough.  I see Aunt Irene's green loveseat there.  Mitch has it with him in Arizona, I am pretty sure.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting facts about September. Never had heard that before.

    ReplyDelete