Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretend this one was on Sunday

Internet problems due to the stormy weather, so I didn't have a post on Sunday.  Will do two today.

"May 24, 1991:  Ray came.  Nancy came in evening.
May 25, 1991:  Ray went to get Aileen who had stayed with her sister.  In p.m. we all went out to Brad and Melodi J.'s to see our old home.  Attended Alumni Banquet.
May 26, 1991:  Nancy set out the flowers for me.  Ray and Aileen went back home."

I was able to quickly solve the mystery as to why Nancy came without Dane -- the Alumni Banquet.  Not that he couldn't have charmed everyone there, but you just don't take a kid to that particular event.  And darn it, but I thought I had a photo of Grandma and Uncle Ray at the banquet one year, but instead it is from a family reunion.  Regardless, I think it's a good one to post anyway.  Just squint your eyes a little bit and pretend they are at the auditorium.

At first I thought Grandma was talking about flowers for the flower beds, but now I am not sure if she meant flowers at the cemetery.  In any event, Nancy was a good do-bee and got the work done.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that it was the flowers in the flower bed. I know I have put flowers out by myself but I'm sure in 1990 Mom was very able to go to out there and help. Eiether way I'm sure I had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats, I meant in 1991.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love imagining Nancy doing yardwork. I always picture her in front of the big screen screeching at touchdowns ;)

    ReplyDelete