Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pinochle and planting

"April 5, 1991:  Pinochle Club at Elta J.'s.
April 6 & 7, 1991:  Howard planted corn, potatoes, peas, more parsnips.  Very warm -- 81 degrees.
April 6, 1991:  Frances C., Cathy and Cassandra A. were here in p.m."

I am thinking if I had my garden started and ready to roll, that this would be a good resource for when to plant what.  But . . . nothing tilled up yet.  Soon, maybe.

The photo is one that Nancy shared recently.  Isn't it great that these three guys decided to have a photo taken in their everyday clothes?  I wouldn't have recognized Uncle Chris if asked, but once I knew it was him it was quite obvious.  I wonder what prompted them to have this taken and then to get several postcards made of the photo.  Of course, it doesn't matter.  I am just glad that they did.  It is Uncle Chris on the left, Bill Andersen (Papa) in the middle, and a non-family member on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment