Thursday, April 12, 2012

A wedding

"April 25, 1991:  Trina came -- to see Irene and her folks.
April 27, 1991:  Douglas M. and Dana married at Lincoln church.  Anita N. there -- just back from the Persian Gulf.
April 30, 1991:  Trina went home."

Yay!  Something else I remember -- Doug and Dana's wedding.  Mitch was four months old and wore an outfit that looked like a tuxedo.  Very cute.  And as I recall he behaved very well.  I don't recall if we had a chance to talk to Anita or not, though.

Since Mitch really liked the last photo, I will post another of THE house today.  It was taken in 1925.  Grandma is farthest on the right and Grandma Anna is third from the right.  Grandma is holding a dog -- did they have a dog then?  Grandma Anna's parents are clear to the left.  I like this photo especially since it shows the house before the porch was put on.  I know that Grandma just loved that enclosed porch, but I really, really liked the house this way.  I think I was in elementary school or junior high when the new porch was put on and even then I knew I liked it better the old way.  Looks like there were trees where the garden was after that, but hard to tell.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is neat that Tom has two of the porch columns in his house. Nice to have part of the original house still with us.

    ReplyDelete