Thursday, April 19, 2012

Family reunion

"July 5, 1991:  Family weiner roast at Dorothy Jo's.  Bill, Jenny, Jayson, Jayme, Lora, Weiner and Nancy stayed here.
July 6, 1991:  Family reunion at Legion Hall."

I remember this particular family reunion, but not the weiner roast the night prior.  I remember Mitch was in a walker puttering around at the Legion Hall a little bit, but he mainly just sat.  It is also the occasion (I am pretty sure) of the Kissing Cousins photos that Grandma got such a kick out of.

I need to do better at the reunions of talking to people that I don't normally see and/or talk to.  But I think others need to work on that, too, because I don't have a lot of far-away relatives seeking me out to visit either.  Regardless, people must have a good time at these reunions because they keep coming back.

The photo was definitely taken at Dorothy Jo's and definitely during a 4th of July picnic but I don't know when it was taken.  Close enough.

Almost forgot -- Happy birthday to Grandma Anna.

2 comments:

  1. The ladies checking out Dorothy Jo's flowers are Mom, Johanna, Dora and Dorothy Jo.
    You are right about visiting more with other people at the reunion. Seems we gather with our immediate family. Gotta work on that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with such a close-knit family we still stick to our little groups, haha. Happy Birthday Grandma Anna!

    ReplyDelete