Monday, April 9, 2012

Another restaurant I don't remember

"April 2, 1991:  Gaylord came in late afternoon and installed the ceiling fan in bedroom.  The first radishes Howard planted are up.
April 3, 1991:  Guest Day at St. Paul's Ladies Aid.  Gertrude V. the speaker.
April 4: 1991:  Raymond and Marina treated John, Helen, Howard and me to dinner at Becker's in Norfolk.  Raymond, Marina, Howard and I visited Irene.  Seemed fairly good."

I couldn't find where Becker's is or was on a bet.  But, that's okay.

I don't remember that Grandma was a huge fan of radishes, even though I think she liked them, so I am guessing she mentioned them because they were the first thing to come up in the garden.  The photo here is obviously from later in the gardening season (whichever year it was taken) but I don't have a photo of radishes so had to make do.

2 comments:

  1. Becker's Steak House is no longer in existence. It was on North 13th in Norfolk. Was a good place to eat. Without a doubt Mom had shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mom would make a radish sandwich. She thought it was great. Never sounded very good to me.

    ReplyDelete