Saturday, April 7, 2012

Back to 1991

"March 23, 1991:  Raymond and Marina came.
March 25, 1991:  Irene moved to Bel Air nursing home.
March 28, 1991:  Went with Raymond and Marina to see Irene.  Howard planted potatoes.
March 27, 1991:  Thunder, lightning, rain, sleet - snow.  Almost a real blizzard.  Quit about 2:00 a.m.  Had about 6 or 7 inches of snow.
March 28, 1991:  Helen and John took us to Pierce.  Howard's blood pressure ok.  Visited Irene on way home.  She seemed better."

It looks like there's a little time traveling going on here, but I don't think so.  I have looked at it and looked at it and I think the number that is clearly a "28", the one before the 27th, is supposed to be a "26".  It makes sense in the order she wrote everything down plus I don't think Grandpa planted potatoes the day after a near-blizzard.

But get this, the photo for today has 1991 written on the back.  So, a photo that is very close in time to what Grandma is writing about.  As you know, that doesn't happen very often.

Nancy loaned me a box of photos.  They are mainly Andersen and Brogen photos and they are quite the treasure trove.  I will post them as I can fit them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment