Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crazy weather

"October 5, 1991:  Rain, sleet, snow, hail, sunshine and windy.
October 9, 1991:  ELCA
October 10, 1991:  Helen and I played Scrabble."

What a crazy day October 5 was.  I don't know that I have experienced a day with all those weather elements in it.

If ever there was a game invented with Grandma in mind, it would have to have been Scrabble.  I am not saying she won every game, because she didn't, but what a great fit.  I wonder had smart phones been around earlier, if we could have gotten Grandma hooked on that version of Scrabble you can play with friends in cyberspace.  I am thinking she would not have liked it; that she would prefer to sit and visit and enjoy not just the game but the company of her opponent.

Here's a photo of the totem pole (thanks, Nancy).  It is pretty much as I remembered it -- nice and tall and straight.

1 comment:

  1. The totem pole is still in the park. Or at least it was there last time I was in Winside. It still looked like it was in good shape - a little weathered but that is to be expected.

    ReplyDelete