Saturday, May 26, 2012

A very merry unbirthday?

"February 2, 1992:  Bill, Jayme, Nancy, Tom, Merilyn, Dale, Dane, Kyleah, Mary, Rick, Mitch, Greta, Dorothy Jo and Johanna here for dinner.  Gaylord, Lois and Linda and Myrtle came in p.m.  Lester came home from hospital in p.m.  Myrtle Jacobsen died.
February 5, 1992:  Myrtle J.'s funeral.  I didn't go.
February 11, 1992:  Lila took me to Norfolk.  I bought a new floor lamp -- cost $120.79."

All those people there and no mention that it was for Grandma's birthday.  Her 80th birthday in fact.  She cracks me up sometimes.

Of course, we can't let a mention of Myrtle Jacobsen go by without relating how Nancy believed Tom came to join the family.  Rather than share the story of the birds and bees with Nancy, Grandma told her she fell down and hurt her leg and Myrtle Jacobsen felt sorry for her so she gave her a baby.  Nancy confesses that sometimes she wasn't sure if she liked Myrtle Jacobsen or not.  I for one, always liked Myrtle Jacobsen.  And I do believe Nancy has come around as well.

The photo is from Grandma's 90th birthday, but it was the best I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment