Monday, May 28, 2012

Just stuff

"February 17, 1992:  Slow rain almost all day -- temperature of  36 degrees or so.
February 22, 1992:  Finished piecing the second brick variation quilt.
February 29, 1992:  Greta helped clean out cupboards in p.m."

I don't know which cupboards Grandma and Mom cleaned out, but it must not have been the cubbyhole or Grandma would have said so.  I remember helping clear out the cubbyhole in the upstairs bedroom.  When I was a kid it was a fascination to me.  (Grandma knew that, so maybe that is part of why I got to be part of the cleaning project.)  It had a small door and angled walls.  I know now why it was that way, but as a kid it seemed special and mysterious.  I don't remember any of the treasures we found that day but I was plenty old enough not to expect a secret diary or magic beans.  We had a very pleasant time of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment