Thursday, May 31, 2012

Just stuff

"March 8, 1992:  Rained during day -- heavier in evening turned to sleet and snow during night.
March 9, 1992:  No school.
March 11, 1992:  LCW meeting.
March 13, 1992:  Pinochle Club at Leona B.'s"

Seriously, that is what Grandma had for March 8.  Even I noticed several sentence structure mistakes there.  But, she wasn't writing a novel, just recording events. 

Funny how she commented on school being out when she hadn't taught for several years.  Old habits.

Here's a photo of me from 1969 wearing a "school is called off for today" smile and holding an umbrella that might have been useful on March 8, 1992.  I am also wearing one of my most favoritest dresses.  The jumper was fake leather and had fringe on the bottom.  I think I saved it and brought it home when we cleaned out Mom's house.  The occasion of the photo was Grandma's birthday.  I see Dorothy Jo, Grandma Anna, Grandma and Mom.  Is that Aunt Margaret to the left and Aunt Clara with her back to the camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment