Thursday, May 24, 2012

A birthday party

"January 18, 1992:  Greta and I left at noon for Lincoln.  Stopped at Wahoo to give Jenny the cotton batting so she could exchange it for a polyester one.  Went to Mary's.  Greta, Mary and I did a litle shopping.  Dale, Dane, Kyleah and Nancy came to Mary's -- we had pizza for supper.  I stayed with Nancy.
January 19, 1992:  The Bowders, Nancy, Greta and I had dinner at Mary's.  In the p.m. a birthday cake and ice cream for Kyleah's 1st birthday."

Caught Grandma there with an incomplete sentence at the end.  I also corrected her spelling of Kyleah's name -- she had it right on the 19th entry, but wrong on the 18th.  Both things, shocking.  Just shocking!  And also, just kidding.

I remember the birthday cake I made somewhat.  I know there was at least one and maybe two, cheesy-looking mouse cakes.  I knew they were cheesy at the time, but I also knew that Kyleah wouldn't mind.  I think there are some cake-all-over-the-face photos from that day.  I don't remember having so many people over for pizza, though.  I wonder where we all sat in that little house.  Of course, some of the guests were little people, so that helped.

The photo obviously wasn't from that day, but it's close in time to Kyleah's first birthday.  Hard to believe she's over 20 years old now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment