Saturday, May 12, 2012

Repairs

"November 24, 1991:  John, Helen, Greta, Dorothy Jo and I had dinner at the Black Knight.
November 24, 1991:  Dryer repairs amounted to $50.25 -- covered by CAPP.
November 27, 1991:  Greta took me to West Point to meet Bill. I went on to Wahoo."

Yes, Grandma did have two entries for November 24; it's not blogger error.

I shouldn't be surprised given Grandma's habit of memorizing presidents and vice presidents and the counties in Nebraska and such, but I found a list of expenditures in no particular order.  I would guess that she was going by memory and/or was looking at old records when she started writing them down.  Here is a sampling in the order she recorded the entries:

March 1995 - chain saw $130

Bought dryer in 1966

August 1990 -- total repairs on riding lawn mower, $467.92

March 4, 1989 -- Furnace burnt out on Saturday night -- really cold.  Repairs $112.65

June 1989 -- paid $310.87 to have car repaired; change distributor, check bearings, etc. for trip

March 1987 -- new water heater from Gas Company $199.74 + $24.50 labor, total $224.24

February 1988 -- had wart removed from forehead [no cost noted, so this entry was a bit out of place]

October 1982 -- accident in Wayne, hit by car at intersection. Johanna was with me.  My collar bone was broken.

August 1986 -- New sink and counter top installed with money from anniversary gifts.

That's it for now except for one more notation.  On another page, all but itself, was this entry related to the car accident mentioned above:  "1982 -- In the fall I had my collar bone broken.  Howard washed dishes for me for 6 weeks."  I like that that got a page all to itself.

Photo is just a random picture with Grandma and Grandpa in it.  With linked arms.  Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that photo was taken in Fremont when we took the old train from there to Hooper. Also in the picture are Bill's back, Aunt Irene and me.

    ReplyDelete