Saturday, May 19, 2012

Christmas 1991

"December 25, 1991:  Greta, Howard and I left a little after 7:00 for Lincoln.  Foggy between Wayne and North Bend.  Had a wonderful time at Tom's.  Merilyn left in morning to visit her sister in Wisconsin.  Nancy went over early to put the turkeys in the oven.  Greta had planned to have the Christmas dinner but because of Rick's accident, we went to Lincoln so Mary, Rick and Mitch could be with us.
December 26, 1991 - January 9, 1992:  Only one day of sunshine -- otherwise foggy and cloudy."

I remember this day pretty well.  We had a bit of a birthday party for Mitch and he wore a black and red striped shirt.  Photos were taken of Lynn, Grandpa, Bill and myself -- Lynn and my tummies had greatly lessened in circumference since the photo taken a year before, whereas Bill's and Grandpa's were much the same.  I am still surprised that the year before Lynn and I didn't team up and pummel whoever suggested that particular group photo.  Just kidding.  As I recall our smiles look pretty genuine in those pictures.

I seriously need to scan some more photos.  But in the meantime, here's Mitch and Grandpa when Mitch was six months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment