Friday, May 11, 2012

Started and done

"November 14, 1991:  Started piecing 16-patch block top.
November 20, 1991:  Busy Bees at Stop Inn.  Bonnie W., hostess.
November 22, 1991:  Snow and sleet.  I postponed Pinochle.
November 23, 1991:  Finished piecing the 16-patch top."

I know it was winter and snowing and such, but I think that is a good time frame to piece an entire quilt.  Especially a 16-patch which to me means little pieces.

I still have yet to piece a full-sized quilt.  At this point, I don't know that I'll ever get there.  But, the family has been well-represented in the quilt realm, so it's probably okay.

That's Grandma Anna seated to the far left in the photograph.  She quilted, as we know.  I do not know if her mother did as well.  I'm guessing it is very possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment