Friday, May 4, 2012

More digging in the dirt

"October 18, 1991:  Pinochle at Stop Inn.  Leona the hostess.
October 21, 1991:  Randy J. helped Howard put the pump in the flower bed.
October 22, 1991:  Charlie J. plowed the garden."

I certainly hope the garden didn't look like that just before Charlie plowed it.  Just being silly, but it does appear that this photo was taken near the end of the garden season.  Lots of bare dirt where veggies have been harvested for the last time and the plants pulled up.

Since I am at a bit of a loss here, I went upstairs just now to see what other treasures were in the boxes from Grandma's place.  I found similiar journals that come after the one I am using now, so I have lots of material to keep plugging along for quite awhile.  I also found the transcript of a presentation Grandma did about quilts, a notebook with highlights through the years starting with 1943, and the transcript of Grandma's commencement speech to the Class of 1977.  I will have to spread out the extra stuff so as not to use it up too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment