Sunday, May 13, 2012

Multiple holidays

"November 28, 1991:  Thanksgiving Day -- went to Lincoln -- ate at the Hilton.  In evening Bill and I played Cribbage and 2-handed Pinochle.
November 29, 1991:  Rain and sleet.  Tom came at 11:00 a.m. to take me to Nancy's in Lincoln.
November 30, 1991: Nancy took me Christmas shopping.  Went to Tom's for supper.  Tom had left to go to Winside for wood and bring Howard back on Sunday."

I recall going to the Hilton for Thanksgiving on at least one occasion.  It was pretty swanky and pretty fun.

In a rush right now to go to Lincoln myself for Mothers' Day dinner at Nancy's.  I am among the world's worst at remembering to get and picking out greeting cards.  So, Happy Mother's Day to Mom and Nancy (since there isn't an Aunt's Day to my knowledge).  Love you both bunches, always have and always will.  See you in a bit. 

I've used this photo before, but it was the only one I had at the ready of Mom and Nancy.  Well, the one I had at the ready that I had used longer ago than the others.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for the comment. It means so much to me and as they say "back atcha". Thanks for such a lovely day. The pictures were sure a big hit. So much fun and laughter. Great day. We are indeed a very lucky family.

    ReplyDelete