Friday, May 25, 2012

Legal to drive again

"January 22, 1992:  TOPS Club went to Tony's for supper and a belated Christmas party.  Kris, Lois, Greta, Diane, Patty, Cleora and I went.  Lester took Howard to Wayne again for driver's test -- Howard passed!!  Hoorah!
January 29, 1992:  Lester had surgery.
January 31, 1992:  Pinochle Club at Elsie J.'s."

I don't recall what surgery Lester had but Grandma didn't say much about it, so I am guessing everything went according to Hoyle.

Glad to know Grandpa was driving legally after over a month of breaking the law.  I wonder how much fun it would have been to take a driving test in one of the vehicles in the picture.  Also wonder if they would let you get away with it if you took one of those in today.

I remember when Nancy lived down by Plymouth and Grandma had been doing really well at TOPS.  She told the story that she was tempted to eat some cookies one evening so she went to bed early instead.  Fool-proof method!




1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what surgery Lester had. Might have been gall bladder. Maybe I should try Mom's method of avoiding tempting snacks. But I would probably wake up in the middle of the night HUNGRY. My current diversion is a small glass of wine. But only one a day.

    ReplyDelete