Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Oopsies and Victor Borge

I overslept this morning -- either my phone alarm wasn't working or I missed it entirely.  So, no time to do a post from home and I left Grandma's book there so I can't do much from work now either.  So to make this post worthwhile, I will throw in some Victor Borge quotes.  Enjoy!

--He was happily married - but his wife wasn't.

--Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. 

--I don't mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I've saved all year.

--I only know two pieces; one is 'Clair de Lune' and the other one isn't. 

--I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible... and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary. 

--If I have caused just one person to wipe away a tear of laughter, that's my reward.

--Laughter is the closest distance between two people. 

--My father invented a cure for which there was no disease and unfortunately my mother caught it and died of it.

--Santa Claus has the right idea - visit people only once a year.

--The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer. 

--When an opera star sings her head off, she usually improves her appearance.

1 comment:

  1. Mom would have loved your Victor Borge info and quotes. I did too.

    ReplyDelete