Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hosper

"January 16, 1992:  Jean and Hank here for dinner.  They have been at Tom's -- are on their way to Tennessee to see Scott and family and then on to Marjorie's in Florida.  In p.m. they took Helen and me to visit Irene.
January 17, 1992:  Pinochle Club at Laura J.'s.  Arlene R. took me to club."

I often think of Marjorie's cat when I think of Marjorie.  At one of the family reunions (when I talked to people other than the ones I see all the time), I asked her if Hosper was still around.  She said he was and that he was over 20 years old.  He wasn't up to much anymore, but did like to lay in the sun on the driveway.  Sometimes he would start to groom himself but in his old age would forget to move to a new spot.  Eventually he would lick all the hair away and be down to bare skin.  She said he would have hair stuck to his tongue and would stop with a befuddled look on his little cat face.  I am not sure how old he was when he died, but he has gone on to kitty heaven.  He had one of the coolest names ever for a cat.  Or any pet for that matter; Hosper Jean Tom Rospierre Calcavecchia.  Jean is with the French pronunciation, like John with a "Zsh" at the beginning.  And "Tom" may have a French spelling but I went with the more familiar.

Here's a photo of some unknown Siamese cat in place of Hosper, who was Siamese.

No comments:

Post a Comment