Friday, June 1, 2012

A trip to Lincoln

March 14 - 15, 1992:  Greta and I went to Lincoln.  Greta stayed at Dale's.  I stayed with Mary and Rick.  All of us met at Valentino's for brunch at 10:30.  Then in p.m. to Nancy's.  Bill and Jenny and Jayme came in p.m.  I took garage sale "junk" to Nancy's from the cupboards in kitchen and porch.  Connie and her husband were staying at Nancy's.  Dryer is on the blink again.
March 15, 1992:  Howard planted onions and radishes."

I don't know if Grandma attended any of Nancy's garage sales once she moved to Lincoln, but I hope she did because they were great fun.  I think Tom even enjoyed them.  You know you are doing something right when people say they look for the sign each garage sale season and hop right over when they know you are having one.  No one made any grand fortunes, but we sure had a time of it.  And happy to have our stuff find new homes.

Here is a photo of Nancy with an expression similar to the one she wears when I don't have my post up in a timely fashion, like today.  (I had the uncomplimentary one of Mom being angry, so I felt I had to do this to even things out.)

2 comments:

  1. I do not remember Jim and Connie staying st my place or why they were there, especially during tax season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you evened things out. Yes, garage sales are fun. It's the getting ready for them that is daunting to say the least.

    ReplyDelete