Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Getting ready to paint the house

"April 22, 1992:  Phyllis came in p.m. to clean.  School didn't start until 10:15.
April 23, 1992:  Lester took me to Wayne and we got the primer to paint the house -- 10 gals.  Cost $146.90.
April 24, 1992:  I had Pinochle Club."

I looked ahead and can't see that the house was painted very soon after April 23, so maybe my title is a bit optimistic.  As much as I like to paint, I am really glad I never painted that house.  Would certainly have given it the good ol' college try but . . . wow.  Quite a job.  And as it was, the paint was still drying in Grandma's unit in the Pioneer House when she made that first trip down from the elevator.  So, I probably would not have been a good painting candidate for several reasons.  Speaking of the Pioneer House, here's a photo of Grandma and Anna at the Pioneer House.  And Maude, too.  And Grandma's pour-me-out chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment