Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fizzle, fizzle, fizzle

"April 4, 1992:  Wilva gave me another permanent -- the one a month ago was a fizzle.
April 5, 1992:  Finished quilting the brick variation.  Played Scrabble at Helen's in p.m.
April 3, 1992:  Howard cut down what was left of the apricot tree west of the house.  Some radishes and onions are coming up."

I don't remember ever hearing Grandma describe anything as a fizzle.  I think it will be my word of the month. 

I remember an apricot tree north of the house, but not one to the west.  I bet if someone reminds me, I'll know what Grandma was talking about.

That's all I have and I am late to boot.  Sorry about that.  My photo is of some folks who may have enjoyed apricots from that tree.  Love the addition of the fern.

No comments:

Post a Comment